Second Annual Blues in da Parish Festival set for October 5, 2013 at Docville Farm
Mark your calendars for this year’s Blues in the da Parish Festival, which will be held on Saturday, October 5 from 11 am to 6 pm at Docville Farm, 5124 E St Bernard Highway in Violet. If you attended last year’s Festival, you know that it was a fun family event with lots of good food and great music.
We’re currently accepting applications for Food Vendors for the 2013 Festival, so if you want to sell food items, please click HERE for the application.
Bonus Gifts for Festival Sponsors: Promote your Business when you Support the Blues in da Parish Festival
Sponsorships are currently available for the 2013 Blues in da Parish Festival. A tax-deductible sponsorship not only helps support this local St Bernard music festival but also offers several ways to publicize your business to festival attendees in the St Bernard area and beyond.
And as an incentive to business owners who become sponsors, we’re including several free bonuses to help promote your business’s website or Facebook fanpage.
Don’t have a business website yet?
Then this is the perfect time to get one. An email just sent out by Senator Mary Landrieu on March 28 shows that:
- 97% of people go online to find local products or services
- Over the next 3 years, businesses that have on online presence are expected to grow 40% more than those that don’t!
- Very simply, if you don’t have a website or at least a Facebook fanpage for your business, you’re losing clients to competitors that do.
And you don’t need anything fancy to start – even single page website with your logo, hours of operation, address, and a click-to-call link to your phone number can bring in new clients for your business and more than cover the cost of your sponsorship.
If you would like to become a sponsor of the 2013 Blues in da Parish Festival, please phone the Community Center of St Bernard at 504-281-2512 to discuss your sponsorship level and bonuses.
And THANK YOU for your support!
Level: Booster $50
Name included in Booster List on website and in program guide
Level: Supporter $100
Name included in Supporter List on website and in program guide
Free Bonus: EITHER 200 likes to your business fanpage on Facebook
OR 1 dedicated email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your business. Having a
dedicated email, instead of using a yahoo.com or bellsouth.net generic account, helps present a more professional image to potential clients, suppliers, vendors, and funders.
Level: Bronze Supporter $250
Name and logo included on website, program guide, and t-shirt as Bronze Level Sponsor
Free Bonus: EITHER Up to 10 dedicated emails for your business
OR a Basic website (up to 2 pages – choose from Homepage, Contact Us, About Us,
Directions, Legal Notices) which includes 1 dedicated email for your business.
Level: Silver Supporter $500
Name and logo included on website, program guide , and t-shirt as Silver Level Sponsor
Free Bonus: BasicPlus website (up to 5 pages – choose from Homepage, Contact Us, About Us, Directions, Legal Notices) and up to 10 dedicated emails for your business.
Level: Gold Supporter $1,000
Name and logo included on website, program guide, t-shirt, and banner at event as Gold Level Sponsor
Free Bonus: Business website (up to 5 pages – choose from Homepage, Contact Us, About Us, Directions, Legal Notices, 1 custom page) and up to 20 dedicated emails for your business.
• You choose the domain name you want for your website and/or your email (eg. Yourbusinessname.com). In some cases this domain name may already be in use by someone else so you will need to select an alternative (eg Yourbusinessname.net or Your-business-name.com) .
• You must have a new domain – we will not edit your existing website or add emails to it. Please see your current webmaster for those services.
• Dedicated emails can be checked online from any computer just like gmail or yahoo emails. You will receive instructions on how to access your dedicated email.
• You choose which template and which colors to use for your website. We can match the colors of your logo if you wish. The templates we use will optimize your website for proper display on a wide range of screen sizes including cell phones, tablets, and computer monitors.
• You are responsible for providing all written content, and we will put it in exactly as you send it to us. This includes formatting (bold, italic, capital letters, centering), paragraph breaks, grammar and spelling. We will not write or edit any content for you.
• You are responsible for providing photographs if you want them included. All photographs must be at least 300 dpi. We will resize them if needed to fit the website, but we will not do any editing including changing brightness, cropping, fixing red eye, adding borders, or adding text.
• After the website is set up, you are welcome to make additions and updates on your own, and we will send you the administrative login information you need to do that if you request it. There is no charge for this information; however, we will not be responsible for any website problems that arise due to your changes.
And remember to check back here for more news and updates about this year’s performers and events as they become available over the coming weeks.